Earthcaches

I am a proud

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Parque Metropolitano Geocaching, October 2007


October 2007 I'm just getting into geocaching, having learned about it in June during a trip to northern panhandle Idaho. Since then I've been trying to generate interest in the sport here in Quito. This month I got some of my friends together so they could look for four geocaches that I've hidden and registered with geocaching.com in Parque Metropolitano, just on the ridgeline east of Quito. This park is a wonderful place to hike, run, mountain bike, and more. That more now includes geocaching. You can learn more about the sport by visiting www.geocaching.com.

Later this month we held a geocaching event and invited folks from the Quito community to come and experience the sport. We had a good turn out of twelve new geocachers. We had a great time!

No comments: