Earthcaches

I am a proud

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bogue Inlet Pier geocaching



There are a number of nice caches along the coast and the sound side of Emerald Isle, NC. We took a six mile trip south from where we were staying and spent the sunset hours at the Bogue Inlet Pier, the Diary Queen and the Wing's store. You can't avoid the last two when you have the grandkids with you. I made a quick escape while there to find a cache .33 miles from the pier. Along the way I ran into some nice sand art done during the day and left for the waves. Before the waves could get them I snapped the following pictures. When you see that the clue for a geocache says "Pooper Scooper" you get a little worried about what you'll find. I was going for Cedar Point to Cedar Isle #3 (GC1AB4D). This one wasn't as bad as it could have been. Nothing spectacular about the find but the sand art on the beach was great. It was something I'd never have come across if it weren't for the cache.

1 comment:

Erika Jean said...

It sure is amazing what people can do with sand!