Earthcaches

I am a proud

Monday, July 6, 2009

Pichincha Volcano - Teleferico






My daughter graduated high school and left Quito eight years ago. She's been back several times but not since a lift and major tourist attraction atop Pichincha Volcano went in. She and her husband went up with me today. What a great view of the city! The "Teleferico" (lift) takes you up the mountain and drops you at about 13,000 feet above sea level. Climb it and you'll be huffing and puffing for five hours or more. There are some shops and snack bars up top. The main attractions are the numerous overlooks from which you get some great vistas of the city. There was already a cache up here. I reported on it in my first blog. It is Near the Sky (Cerca del Cielo) (GC12EH4). I thought it was "high" time that there was at least one more geocache up above Quito. I placed Get on your high horse (GC1TTFN) for the enjoyment of touring geocachers. Check out the view!

1 comment:

Gatto999 said...

Great shots !...

Ciao from Italy
:)