Earthcaches

I am a proud

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Route of the Waterfalls - Ecuador




The Pastaza River makes its way down from high in the Ecuadorian Andes Mountains into the Amazon Basin. As it descends below Baños it and its tributaries create some of the most spectacular waterfalls in the country. Along with my good friend jimnet2005 I have placed a few caches in the area. Be sure to visit them. Along the way you'll see some spectacularly beautiful country! You are in the gateway to the Ecuadorian Amazonian jungle. As you descend the temperatures will start to rise and you'll know you are in the jungle. The fauna changes. The animals you see are different. The way the people dress changes. You'll be amazed at how in such a short drive as you pass through numerous tunnels Andean mountain beauty cedes to another kind of beauty. Come and enjoy!

1 comment:

jimnet2005 said...

This is definitely one of the most precious parts of my country. I love Ecuador!