Earthcaches

I am a proud

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Milestone: Ecuador has 100 caches!!!


Living in and promoting geocaching in a small Latin country has been a challenge. Finally we have an Ecuadorian geocacher with whom I'm able to work and play to see the sport progress. Hats off to jimnet2005 for his efforts! Recently jimnet2005 placed the 100th cache in Ecuador! I was honored when he allowed me to find it and then asked me to mark the location with my GPSr and allow him to include me as a co-owner of the cache. Tourism drives the bulk of the cache finds in Ecuador. I can name on one hand the number of active geocachers who live in Ecuador. So join us in celebrating a major milestone for Ecuadorian geocachers! Check out Ruta de las cascadas: Ecuador's 100th cache (GC2M833).

5 comments:

Erika Jean said...

So Awesome! Congrats Ecuador!!!

Steve King said...

Thanks Erika!

Anonymous said...

That's quite an achievement!! I hope that you can get more locals involved, and also get more tourists bringing income into the country.

Steve King said...

Thanks annienz. I'm convinced it can happen.

jimnet2005 said...

Hi Sumajman and thank you for promoting geocaching in Ecuador.

It is not about the numbers right? Ecuador is a small and beautiful country with a few geocachers, but hundreds of places that worth to be visited, so we have been placing caches at those extraordinary places.

We currently have 100 caches but it is just the beginning! Visit us and discover Ecuador!