Earthcaches

I am a proud

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chilean Summertime Geocaching
















I was in Santiago recently for a community development conference recently. Since it is summertime, the days are long. We finished up everyday around 5 pm, went for an early supper and then I was free to go looking for geocaches. I kept to the urban micros since getting up on the mountain takes a lot longer. Most days I was on my own. Santiago has a great subway system. I was able to take off on my first afternoon looking for a new micro in southern Santiago. After walking a mile from the subway stop I found the small park too crowded with muggles to get the cache. I had to abandon the effort for another day. On the next day I was able to walk from the restaurant where the rest of the gang was enjoying a leisurely meal. A mile away was a new micro hidden in the rocks in the park. Parque Cuauhtomec (GC1MBJY) was a fun cache. See the photo of the 35mm laid out. The next day, my last in Santiago, my good friend Garry drove me around. We found several new micros scattered around the city.  One was the cache that muggles kept me from two days earlier. I really appreicate the growing geocaching community in Chile. 

1 comment:

Just John said...

Sounds like a neat area to cache in. I often wish I had discovered Geocaching sooner. I look back on all of the places I've traveled to in a new light.