Earthcaches

I am a proud

Sunday, October 7, 2012

A little rant: Replacing someone else's geocache - is it right?

My grandson hid a micro-size cache several years ago. I have it on my watch list. Recently finders are surprised when they find two caches at the same location. What is going on? Someone who didn't want a DNF simply dropped a replacement cache instead of admitting that they couldn't find the cache. Having someone replace your cache can be either a blessing or a curse. In this case it was the latter. Had the cacher written to request permission to replace the cache and had he/she received permission from my grandson it would have been different. It would have been a help.But in this case the drive for the smiley was more important. Now the cache the cacher couldn't find is being found along with the intrusive cache left by a numbers-hungry cacher. I strongly feel that cachers should get permission from the cache owner before doing anything beyond finding and logging their find or DNF. Thanks to dream4akeem for the picture.

No comments: